Vordio 5.1 is available for download. This is a free update to all 5.x users.
NOTE: If you are still using 4.x, please read this post about upgrades to 5.x and finding the latest version of 4.x.
This release addresses the reconform function with some bug fixes and enhancements.
NOTE: A tutorial video on using reconform is coming soon. The current documentation is out of date. In the meantime, you can ask me for advice if you need it.
* Crash on audio items that were dynamically generated, rather than from source file media. i.e. Bars & Tone.
* Items in the project bay were being altered by mistake. These are now ignored.
* Master track automation is now moved, along with item & track automation.
* Option to turn color coded changes on/off.
* Option to turn edge-edit detection on/off.
Vordio 5.0 is now available for download.
NOTE: Vordio 5 is a major update that took a lot of work & requires a license upgrade from a Vordio 4 license. Upgrades are 50% off the full price but if you paid after 1st August 2016 you qualify for 100% off.
It has been nearly 2 years since the last charge point. Please support continued development by buying a license upgrade. There are some very cool new features planned which take time.
Vordio 4.x is now discontinued but if you need the last 4.x release you can download Vordio 4.8 here.
* Initial support for the new FCPX XML 1.6 format introduced in FCPX 10.3. This new format is important for Davinci Resolve too.
* FCPX Roles & subroles now create nested parent tracks in REAPER with clearer track naming.
* Layout uses item channel count option now works for FCPX XMLs.
* Include video as empty items for FCPX XML 1.5 & 1.6.
* Include all takes in FCPX auditions option.
* Include all (item) markers option. Chapter/sequence markers are always included.
* Replace audio tool for replacing audio in a video file without re-encoding the video.
* Enhanced input & output support of AES31 & OpenTL formats usable with Nuendo & StudioOne.
* Renamed some options to make the meaning clearer.
* Fix for big-endian PCM audio in video files being incompatible with WAVs when transcoding
* Path fixes for badly encoded urls in xml
* Fixed bit depth lowering issue with video PCM transcodes
Vordio 4.x series is now discontinued. Please upgrade to Vordio 5.0 to support further development. 50% and 100% discounts are available depending on when you bought a Vordio 4 license.
However if you can’t upgrade yet and need to download the last release in 4.x series, use the links below.
Download “VORDIO for Mac OS X” Vordio-4.8.dmg – Downloaded 232 times – 74 MB
Download “VORDIO for Windows” Vordio-4.8.msi – Downloaded 214 times – 73 MB
Vordio 4.8 is now available. It is a free update to all 4.x users.
This is an urgent patch to address massive changes to the XML exported from the recently released FCPX 10.3.
So much has changed in the new FCPX XML 1.6 that Vordio 4.x cannot work with it. You should export FCPX XML 1.5 in the meantime.
Support for the new audio features in FCPX XML 1.6 will come in Vordio 5.x.
In the meantime, a pop up warning has been added, if the XML version is unsupported.
You should use the ‘export previous version’ in XML export. Vordio should work with FCPX XML 1.5.
Vordio 4.7.2 is now available for download. This is a free update for all 4.x users.
New: Option to prevent file name conflicts. If you have files with the same name but in different folders, use this option. For all files in one folder, turn this option off, but only do this if you are sure that all names are unique.
New: Option to embed BWF metadata in transcoded files. This requires BWFMetaEdit but Vordio 4.7.2 will attempt to download & install BWFMetaEdit automatically when first run.
Vordio 4.7.1 is now available for download. This update is free to all 4.x users.
* Initial support for RPP as an input format.
* Support for media collection of relative files. Useful for RPP project conversion.
* Support for item mutes in ADLs.
* Changed tab names and field names to be more generic as more input formats are now supported.
* Make default output path more obvious when dropping new source file
* Fixed ADL project markers
* Media collector removes file from queue if target already exists, even if source is offline.
* Platform specific path rewriting so relinking media works on windows. Also other windows path translation fix.
* Original media paths now correct when copy or transcode are switched off
Vordio 4.7 is now available for download. This is a free update for all Vordio 4.x users.
* FCPX conversion now supports up to 16 channel audio.
* Transcoding fixed for video with more than two input streams.
* AES31 ADLs are now supported as an input format. You can use this to convert Tascam multitrack & Nuendo projects to REAPER RPP.
* Direct download button for Vordio installer when an update is available.
* Vordio now attempts to automatically download, install and configure FFmpeg.
Vordio 4.6.1 is now available for download. This is a free update for all 4.x users.
This update addresses a number of Premiere XML fixes & adds some new options for conversion.
* Fixed: XML parsing error. Compatibility with latest Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 update.
* Fixed: Wrongly encoded URLs in the XML leading to incorrect media file names.
* Fixed: Duplicate items with incorrect lengths.
* New: Totals are now shown in the media collection panel
* New: Option for ‘Condensed layout’ – rearranges project items to create a smaller project while preventing overlaps.
* New: Option to ‘Exclude Disabled sources’ – any muted items or items on muted tracks will be excluded.
* New: Option to ‘Sort by channels’ – Arranges items so that mono, stereo, surround etc are never on the same track.
* New: Option to use ‘Colors as roles’ – Create parent track groups, one for each color used in the Premiere project.
Vordio 4.6 is now available for download. Free to all 4.x users.
* Muting of wrong channel from some types of camera audio
* Timecode display in reconform
* Extract output button sometimes ignored selected folder
* Support for role per individual audio source/component/channel, not only per clip as before
* Source name and role are now added to audio item notes
* Added option to exclude disabled audio sources, rather than just mute them
* Basic support for AES31 ADL (audio decision list) output format so can open FCPX project in Nuendo
Vordio 4.5.6 is available for download.
* Chapter markers now added to timeline for FCPX translations. Item markers still appear in item notes as before.
* REAPER trim envelopes (new in REAPER 5.20) are now also moved during reconform.
* Added ability to delete items from the source list in Extract tab. Fixed browse button bug.
* Help page now lazy loaded only if you click on help tab.
Vordio 4.5.5 is now available for download.
* Reconform sometimes injected multiple copies of the same new material depending on button order pressed during reconform. Now it will only happen once.
* Reconform now moves track automation as well as item automation. You must complete “Phase 2: Resolve Regions” for track automation to be moved as the resolved regions are required. You should “Merge” group regions to get the cleanest result. Only automation that is within MOVE or EDGE regions will be used.
The example below shows before/after images of track automation that has been ‘repaired’ due to a deleted scene. Some automation had to be removed as merging them would just create a mess. Automation from the moves are joined.